Friday, August 3, 2007

window.status experiment

  • I cannot make window.status work (with mouseover in a tag) in my Blogger blogs??? It's on IE7, and this doesn't repro with local html file, thereby, it must be Blogger thing. I also tried on window.top.status, window.parent.status, window.self.status, top.window.status, top.window.top.status, top.window.parent.status, top.window.window.status, top.window.frames.status, top.window.self.status, ... etc.
    • By inline statements Move mouse pointer over here and check status bar.
      • The status bar should show the message: "It is working.", when the mouse pointer is over the above hypertext link. But, it doesn't. Instead, it shows "http://bloggerhours.blogspot.com/" at status bar. Something not right.
      • Code:
    • By calling javascript function: Move mouse pointer over here and check status bar.
      • Code
        • javascript:
        • HTML part
    In Blogger Help Group, I find posts about changing value of window.status, and I don't find that those replies mention anything else beside same kind of codes. Then, probably changing window.status value is working for other people, but me???

No comments: